192.168.O.1 Login IP Address or 192.168.0.1 Default Ip Address to Login into Linksys, NetGear, D-link Router to change the router configuration / Router Password etc….
Logically any device which has internet connection has an IP address. This address can be either private or public according to the use and the device. The 192.168.0.1 IP address or 192.168.O.1 IP Address is a private is used by brands like Netgear and D-link. This are the biggest competitors of the Linksys which is a division of the CISCO which comprises of many routers in the world. They 192.168.0.1 IP address works with other routers too by just changing the setting on the administrator console.
- 1 What is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.O.1 Ip Address?
- 2 How to access the Netgear router setup
- 3 How to reset Netgear router password when you forget the password using 192.168.o.1
- 4 How to access the D-link router set up
- 5 How to reset D-link router password (if forgotten password) by logon into 192.168.0.1
- 6 How to find your Private IP address
What is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.O.1 Ip Address?
The 192.168.0.1 IP is capable of learning the network issues of the D-link and Netgear brands. This makes it easier to solve the problem in the routers.
What are the differences between a public IP and private IP?
Computers are set to have a public IP address and each is very unique. However the router are modified to have private IP address and only connect to private connection. It doesn’t have to be unique since it is set for private use only. IP address are formulated by the internet assigned numbers authority which is the highest board in IP address production. With IP version 4 being the pioneer and has 32-bit digit the IP address is usually divided with a decimal as follows: 192.168.0.1.
What does the decimal mean? The small decimal is not just there to separate the numbers but stands for a digit which can be 0-255. The IP address can accommodate more than 4 billion address at ago each being different.
Private IP: The internet assigned numbers authority has a total of 17.9 million IP. All being private, and working with private networks. The private don’t need a unique code since their work on individual devices. Example of the IP address 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 or 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255. Note private IP address don’t have the power to connect to the internet unless there is an internet service provider. The IP address has to first connect to internet then connect to your device.
Public IP: Now this are much different to the private IP address. They need to have a unique IP address the IANA organization had to come up with new IP address IP v6 since the IPV4 has 4 billion addresses. This can be enough since public IP have to be totally unique. This make the IPV6 have 8 decimal and four digits example abed: 9865:4fr0; d5eb:35da:21r9:b7b4:65h6. With a large number like this the IP can be used by thousands million IP address.
How to access the Netgear router setup
The Netgear router use the 192.168.0.1 IP address, anyone can use the 192.168.o.1 IP address by changing the security mode. This by accessing the admin of the IP address and changing the name and network security keys. But check if the Netgear has changed the IP address to 192.168.1.1 if so the 192.168.O.1 will keep showing error whenever you try setting the device.
- Turn on your Netgear router.
- As the user you need to connect your device with the router by the Ethernet cable. Note this process cannot be done with the wireless connections.
- Now select the best internet browser set on your device. Now enter the 192.168.O.1 IP address on the browser bar. Some of the devices or browser don’t pick the address and you need to add”192.168.0.1 before the digits. This way the browser will search for the IP address.
- Select the enter button or the return button according to your device.
- Now enter the password and username which is set on your Netgear.
- You can also use the “Admin” to login and as the password select ok button.
- When you successfully log in to the Netgear page choose the wireless settings.
- Now modify the wireless encryption the password and the SSID.
- Be sure to remember the changes especially the password the click apply.
How to reset Netgear router password when you forget the password using 192.168.o.1
You can use the 192.168.0.1 IP address to Reset the Netgear Router. This happens when you have forgotten your username or password. However the Netgear router tends to loss all the information entered by hand. First save all the data before resetting the router or else you will loss all the connectivity in your office or house.
- You can use the button on the side of the Netgear. Remember to save the information before the process begins
- Press the button for like 10 seconds and the light of the Netgear will show. The button is so small you might need a tooth pick to press.
- The router will reboot after you let go of the button.
- After this login to the router and use admin as the password or 1234.
- Sometime the router might not reboot press again for longer.
- When it reboots login using the admin or 1,2,3,4. You can now set the new passwords and username.
First turn on your D-link router and using the Ethernet cable connect to the computer. Note the connection cannot be done using wireless connection. If your computer is using an old version of window you might up date or every time it connected to the router restart the device.
- On your computer open the best window browser now enter the 192.168.0.1 IP. If it doesn’t connect add the 192.168.0.1 and then click enter.
- Use the admin as the username, for the password leave the space if you have not yet configure the router.
- Now that you have login choose the wizard to help you configure the router or go the simple way. Use the wireless link change the security settings.
- Key in the SSID plus the channel, the new D-links have four keys but only one is functional at a time.
Before any process save all the information need from the router. If you reset all the information is deleted and cannot be recovered.
- Now look for the reset button on the side of the D-link button. It is so tiny you need a tooth pick or pen to press on it. Hold for some time like 8-10 minutes.
- The router will reboot and the light will not show again.
- It will be reset now connect the computer with Ethernet cable. Please key in the 192.168.0.1 IP address then click on the enter button.
- Enter the admin for the username and don’t fill on the password part.
- Now change the security setting or any other settings.
- Note all routers have their passwords on their batter or at the back.
How to find your Private IP address
- Go to your computer and select the window browser 192.168.O.1.
- When it opens the menu select the command prompt.
- Now enter the IP configure.
- A list of all the private IP address will show.
- Note the private IP address are known by the IP v4 address.
How to enhance wireless home security
Use the 192.168.0.1 IP address to connect the D-link or the Netgear. It is advisable to change the password and username for more security purposes.
Give your SSID a name which is unique. Don’t give the SSID a name of your home or company choose a different name.
Now enable the wireless security on the router and choose a password which should be alpha-numeric and long enough.