Karnataka Driving License Online Application and how to check Kar Driving License Application Status at parivahan.gov.in website….
Karnataka being a large state in the Indian country it is home to millions of citizens. The state has well established government which governs the state making it stand out from others. Citizens aspiring to drive and obtain driving license need to follow the few procedure set by the RTO.
This a body which overlooks the safety of the Karnataka roads. The government and departments working for roads are very strict on who gains the license. This doesn’t mean it is impossible however one needs to be careful and practice what they learn in the driving schools. The government issues two types of licenses the learner’s license and after this the individual applies for the permanent driving license.
Types of Karnataka Driving Licenses
Taking a steps to learn and achieve a license is a bold step.one feels proud attaining the right age and can drive on the states roads. The government has different license issued for different categories. As said one first obtains the learners license before going for the permanent license. This happens in a period of six months but have to apply in one month time to get the permanent license. Here will discuss the three types of licenses in the Karnataka state.
- Driving License for Motorcycles without Gear
This permanent driving license where the applicant must be the age of 16. The vehicles is are two wheelers and are the vehicle without gear. Scooters and mopeds are classified in this category they don’t exceed 50cc engine capacity.
- Driving License for Light Motor Vehicle
This for the individuals who need light vehicles like cars and bikes. The individuals must be the age of 18 years and above. The vehicles have high engine capacity of 50 cc, it is a permanent license.
- Driving License for Transport Vehicle
This a license for individuals who want to drive heavy vehicles. The applicant must be 20 years of age. This vehicles are trucks, Lorries and trailers, they have high engine capacity. It is also classified as permanent license.
What are the eligible criteria for obtaining driving license?
The government is very strict one who qualifies for the permanent license. They have to undergo different driving test which will be allocated and supervised by the RTO officers. Below are the qualifications.
- The applicant must have attain the given age of categories which is 16/18/20.
- You need a learner license first before acquiring the permanent license.
- One has to apply for permanent license in 30 days of getting the learner’s license.
- The applicant must learn all the road sign and traffic rules.
Documents to have in order to acquire the Driving License
Applicants need valid documents to qualify for a driving license. They produce the details at the test center and also when applying. Most of the application happen online where you book slots and book for appointments.
- Form 4, 1 and 1A
- Have 4 clear and most recent passport photos.
- A fee of RS 200 applies when booking a slot.
How to apply for Karnataka Driving License at parivahan.gov.in
The applicant must have the learner’s license then proceed in getting the permanent driving license. The RTO also requires the documents above in order to apply, first check out with officers. The process can be done online or just visit the RTO offices for proper guidance. The most popular way is by using the online method which is the easiest way where you won’t have to queue.
- Go to the official website page: https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice
- When the home page opens download the form 4.
- Enter all the required details recheck and submit at the nearest RTO.
- Take the documents both copies and original if need be.
- You can also schedule the time slot and book and day when the officers available.
- The RTO officers can make a time slot for you.
- Now go to the test center half an hour earlier
- The test will be conducted by the motor vehicle officer.
The method is also relevant and one is sure since it is face to face method.
- Visit the nearest RTO offices.
- Bring along the mandatory documents.
- The officers will allocate time and date for the test.
- Visit the test center half hour earlier with all documents.
- When the test is over and you happen to pass the test it will be sent via the post address.
How to check Karnataka Driving License Status
An applicant can check the status of their driving license online. If the license is out it will be sent via the post. Any mistakes will also show on the status. The RTO realize the license in 30 days’ time. Visit the official website, enter all your credentials and submit. The status will show on the screen.
Note if one fails the test the RTO officers will give a duration of 7 days for one to take the test again.
How to get Karnataka duplicate driving license
There are various reason which will make one want to apply for the duplicate driving license. The RTO only issues this license on the special case as follows:
- Lost license.
- If the license is damaged and torn.
- Destroyed DL.
Documents need for applying duplicated license
Applicants have to submit some legal documents to the RTO officers or when applying online. The documents will be verified and the duplicate license issued.
- Form KMV1
- Give a FIR copy to proof if stolen.
- An affidavit for the police and if the license found it should be returned to the RTO officers.
- For damage and torn DL on has bring the application form too.
- The duplicated DL attracts a fee of RS 15 for book license but the smart card DL goes for Rs.200/-.
- Have a self-addressed stamped postal cover.
- If not lost maybe damage please submit the original copy.
Renewal for driving license
In all the state of India DL have their validity, the Karnataka state gives a period of 20 years or if one attains the age of 50. If age comes first well and good. This should be done within 30 days of expiry.
What documents are needed?
- RTO will require few documents as follows:
- An application form 9 which can be download from their site. https://www.rto.kar.nic.in
- Form 1 which shows you are physically fit and form 1A for medical certificate.
- Have 4 recent and clear passport photos.
- Have your original DL.
- Self-addressed stamped postal cover.
- A fee of RS 250 on the submission day.
- Note applicants applying after the said duration will have to give a fee of RS 50 is fine.
- Individuals with non-transport vehicles apply for new licenses after 5 years and transport vehicle the duration is much shorter goes for 3 years.
How to apply for international driving license?
International as it sounds is a license which allows you to drive on other states and countries besides yours. The RTO doesn’t issues the license without proper scrutiny. The individuals need to produce all the right documents in order to qualify.
- Provide the form A of the CMVR which can be downloaded or collected at the RTO offices.
- Bring the original documents like passport, original DL and the visa card.
- Have 3 recent and very clear passport photos.
- Driving license which is less or 3 months only the individual will have to go for the driving test again.
- Address which are on the DL will be under the jurisdiction of the RTO.
- A fee of RS 500 is applicable.
- This type of license the applicant has to appear at the RTO station in person.
- The license is only valid for 12 months which is one year.
- The license is out within 7 days of applying