Apply for Karnataka New Ration Card online, Also Apply for Karnataka Duplicate Ration Card at https://ahara.kar.nic.in and Search your Karnataka Ration Card Application Status….
A Ration Card is one of the official documents that is issued under an authority of the State Government according to the Public Distribution System. This document is useful especially when it comes to buying essential items from fair price shops. Any person who owns a Ration Card can purchase basic commodities at a cheap price. Apart from purchasing commodities, you can use your Ration Card as a proof of address and proof of identity since it contains all these details.
Applying for your Karnataka Ration card is easy since you only have to rely on Food Supplies Karnataka official website (https://ahara.kar.nic.in/) Here you can download the application form before filling every detail correctly. However, there are some application documents that you must produce when applying for Karnataka Ration Card. These documents include:
- Proof of Residence
- Driving License
- Voter’s Card
- A valid identity card
- Latest Income Certificate
- BPL Card or Yellow Card
- LPG receipt containing the applicant’s name.
With these documents, you can apply for your Karnataka Ration Card at any time of the day that you term appropriate. This is because the site operates 24 hours a day.
The state government has produced Three types of ration card:
- Antodaya Anna Yojana: This one type which is issued to the poorest of the families or citizen in India. They are given for both the rural and urban families. The aged and citizens with no proper in come get this type of ration card.
- BPL: for individuals earning less than Rs.10,000/- per year. They can also rely on the government for food grain and fuel at a cheap price.
- Honorary Ration card / APL card: This a new invention of the ration card it’s issued to families who are well off. They don’t have to get subsidized rates. Basically they get the card for identity but no much of food purpose.
In Karnataka the state government has produced Ration cards Green card and Yellow card. This cards work only for families below the poverty line. All this cards have eased the livelihood of the Indian state and Karnataka state as whole. The government introduced the Karnataka New Ration Card Online Application for individual can visit the website: https://ahara.kar.nic.in
Who are eligible for ration card?
- Families below poverty line.
- Families in the slums and rural areas.
- Newly married couples.
- If your ration card is expired.
How to Apply for Karnataka New Ration Card at ahara.kar.nic.in
Applying for your Karnataka Ration card has now been made easier thanks to Food, Civil Supplies & Consumers Affairs Department Website. Follow the steps below to register for Karnataka Ration Card online.
- Visit the official website of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumers Affairs Department Website using https://ahara.kar.nic.in as the official link. You can decide to use either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Press the “Enter” button on your keyboard to access this web page.
- You will then have to click on “e-Services” option that can be clearly seen on the homepage of this site.
- Select “E-ration Card” service after which you should click on “New Ration Card” option to apply for new ration card.
- Next, select the type of ration card that you want i.e. New Ration Card Request, Edit Saved Request or Application Withdrawal Request.
- Now enter your Aadhaar number for verification purposes.
- You will receive a One Time Verification Pin (OTP) in your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP, after which you can have a look at the Aadhaar details.
- Complete the fingerprint verification step before clicking on “Add” button to generate the application number.
- If you are using an Aadhaar Card that contains existing family members then you will have to delete the duplicate card before applying for a new ration card.
- Click on “Add Member” option to update the relationships of all members in your family.
- Click on “Next Stage” to enter your contact details.
- Finally, click on “Save” to complete the application process. It will take close to 15 days before you can lay your hands on the ration card. You will however have to pay Rs.100 per copy of your Karnataka Ration Card.
The ration card will be sent to your address.
Documents needed in applying for ration card
- Photo identity
- Permanent address and should have a pin code.
- Name of other family members.
- The occupation and the income for every month.
- All the particulars of the LPG connection.
- Mobile number which is registered and any information about the holder.
- Parent address if you are not married.
- Region of food department.
How to Search Karnataka Ration Card Application Status Check Online in ahara.kar.nic.in
Residents of Karnataka can check the status of their Ration Card online after completing the application process. Initially, you would have to avail yourself in their offices in order to get the Ration Card Status. This was sometimes time consuming and costly especially if the office is far away from your place of residence. Fortunately, this is now a thing of the past since you can perform this action online without having to move a muscle. Below is an explanation on how to track Karnataka Ration Card status by visiting Food, Civil Supplies & Consumers Affairs Department Website.
- Enter https://ahara.kar.nic.in/ on the search bar of your browser as the link for accessing Food, Civil Supplies & Consumers Affairs Department Website.
- You will then have to place your mouse cursor on “e-Services” option. This action will generate a drop down box containing details like E-ration Card, E-status, Statistics, Tender just to name but a few.
- Click on “E-status” option after which you can see Status of new ration cards and amendment request services. Click on the “Status of new ration cards” service.
- A new page will appear on the screen of your device. Here, select your respective area.
- You will then have to type in the receipt number/acknowledgment number together with the date and registered mobile number.
- Click on “Submit” button once you fill in all the mandatory details. You will now be able to see your Ration Card application status on a new web page.
The cards has an attached fee of Rs.5/- and you will get the Ahara Ration Card. The fee is reasonable to any Indian citizen. Individuals who are below the poverty line get a ration card for only RS 10 compared to the above poverty line RS 45. Some prefer the new digital ration card which are a bit high.
How to get a duplicate Ahara Karnataka ration card at ahara.kar.nic.in
- The user need to report the loss of the first ration card.
- Get an affidavit and the legal information on the ration card.
- The officers in charge will look in to the matter and verify the information.
- A fee will apply on the duplicated ration card. Rs.15/- for the BPL an Rs.25/- for APL cards and special price for the digital ration card of Rs.45/-.
How to add or delete a member of the family from the ration card at ahara.kar.nic.in
- The user need to pick and fill a form D1-A then submit it to the high ranks of district food and supplies controller or the assistant foods and supplies.
- Now carry with you the recent photographs of you family members and the application form.
- Now you will give your ration card and the following documents: Birth certificate in cases of adding, Death certificate in case of deleting and Surrender certificate.
- You will get a slip of acknowledgement. The slip has dates and time of when to call the officer concern about the ration card and when to get the card.
- The card should be out with 7 working days. The officers are to confirm about the completion of the card.
How to apply using an SMS
- The user or applicant will SMS their name to the following number 9212357123 from the registered number.
- In few minutes time a token number and security code are going to be sent on your mobile number.
- With this get someone with a ration card, they will act as the introducer to the ration card system.
- Scan fingerprints and photographs.
- Now both the introducer and you as the applicant open the online ration card application.
- Key in all the details of your family members.
- The scanned photographs and fingerprints and all other details are to be uploaded here.
- Show the photo proof and recent electricity bill you’re ID and address proof. Use the original documents to scan and upload.
- The introducer’s duty is to carry his/her original ration card, electricity bill while taking you to the biometric center.
- From the official website download the declaration read it carefully then sign the document.
- Now scan the declaration the scan it online.
- The biometric center will give a printed acknowledgement. This document is used for checking your status.
- All this can be accessed from the official website; https://ahara.kar.nic.in
How to transfer ration card from one State to Another?
Visit the nearest food office you will get to fill an application form then submit it back to the offices. Give real proof of the address and the required fee from here the process will begin.
What to carry
- Have with you 3 clear and recent passport photos
- Proof of your resident. The address of the applicant.
- The ID card given by the state government.
- Telephone bill which is most recent.
- LPG name of the applicant.
- Valid passport or driving license.
- Your voter ID.
- Latest tax paid receipt.
Rent agreement or any other document proving the physical address of the applicant.
Services provided by ahara.kar.nic.in Website
The Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs government of Karnataka is making use of the internet to offer various services to citizens. Below is an explanation of the services that you can get after visiting the web application.
Public Complaint & Reward Plan
Residents of Karnataka can file a complaint online at any time of the day so long as one has an internet connection. You will have to open https://ahara.kar.nic.in Website after which you should click on the “e-Services” option. You will then have to click on “Public Complaint &Reward Plan” option. This action will generate a drop down box from where you can select the service that you want. These services include:
- Request a complaint
- Complaint status
- Complaint receipt over
- The prize plan.
You can also get the statistics of every activity that has taken place in Food, Civil Supplies & Consumers Affairs Department Website. Below are some of the statistical information that you can get from the website.
- Ration card.
- Distribution of fair price shops.
- New ration card request.
- List of fair price shops.
E-fair price shop
There are so many shops from where you can get commodities at a subsidized prices as long as you have a Ration Card. However, locating these shops can prove to be difficult at some point. You will therefore have to rely on E-fair price shop service if you are to access these shops with ease.