Applying Procedure on Rohtang Pass Permit Online and check the Rohtang Pass Permit Status Online at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/….
Considered as the most beautiful and breathe taking sight, Rohtang Pass Permit is the world amazing high mountain pass. It locate at the eastern Pir panjal of the known Himalayas. People all over the world wish and often visit the pass each year. However the pass is also the most dangerous where most people have lost their lives.
Start their journey from the Manali to the Rohtang pass. It has the time of the year where the tourist and the local people visit. It is open from the month of May following up to the month November each year. Why is counted as beautiful but treacherous? The mountain pass experience untimely snow storms blizzards. Rohtang pass is not the only pass in Himachal Pradesh but it is the unique pass of all.
Historically the Rohtang Pass Permit was used by the people from the both parts of the country as a trade route. It the oldest and popular for all the people thus making it stand out. The military used the route for their fights and when need arises.
- 1 What is Rohtang Pass Permit in Himachal Pradesh?
- 2 How do I apply for the Rohtang Pass Permit at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/?
- 3 Simple process on Applying Himachal Pradesh Rohtang Pass Permit Online at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
- 4 How can one get the Rohtang Pass Permit?
- 5 How to Check Rohtang Pass Permit Status or Reprint Rohtang Pass Permit online admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
- 6 Pass permit for bicycles and motorbikes
- 7 How to download the Rohtang Pass Permit App?
What is Rohtang Pass Permit in Himachal Pradesh?
A permit is a legal document from the authorities for one to move from one place to another. The Himachal Pradesh government come to a conclusion and thought of issuing pass permit to the individuals who want to make a trip to the Rohtang Pass. Since the state is so advance the process was under taken digitally using online method.
However there different conditions for you to receive the permit. First priority is given to the first 800 petrol vehicle and 400 diesel vehicle. It goes on to give different conditions as follows:
- 800 petrol vehicles and 400 diesel vehicle.
- You have to apply for the permit in the next two days from the actual date.
- One can book the permit in any day except Tuesday which is a maintenance day for the Rohtang pass.
- Amazingly the state takes the pass as income generating program. The visitors pay a fee of RS 500 and also a congestion fee is the number are too many of RS 50.
- Additionally the permit is only valid for one day that to and from.
- You need to carry with you the original ID proof and a pollution under check certificate.
- The vehicle has to be registered and not too old by giving the valid date of the vehicle registration.
- The application can be done on their official website thus easing the work.
How do I apply for the Rohtang Pass Permit at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/?
This the big question which has now the right answer from the Himachal Pradesh state government. Before the government limit the use of the pass but now the take is a money making project. The pass has many visitor each thus making a good amount for the government and the citizen at large. There several permits:
- Tourist Permit: Which is mean for the people visiting the pass for fun and adventure. It is given on daily basis and works on Sundays as many visitors visit the Rohtang pass on weekends. This type of permit has the daily quota of 400 diesel and 800 petrol vehicles.
- Travel Purpose: This type of permit is used by individuals who have vehicles going beyond the Rohtang pass. However the permit is given daily as the tourist permit with a difference of it doesn’t give any quota. The government is very strict on the people who pick on travel permit only to get to the Rohtang pass and back. One get the confirmation in a weeks’ time where an SMS is sent to the registered mobile numbers of the tourist. This message serves as the gate pass at the Gulaba barrier for all the tourist.
Simple process on Applying Himachal Pradesh Rohtang Pass Permit Online at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
- Navigate the Rohtang Pass main website page: http://admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
- When the home page opens go to the menu bar and select the “Apply Permit for Rohtang Pass”
- A new page will appear and one has to fill in the documents required.
- The pollution under check certificate, vehicle registration certificate and the ID proof are some of the documents need for the permit.
- Here you will also fill in the charges which apply according to the pass permit.
- It okay to note the application happens at particular time which is from 12 noon to 12 midnight.
- The permit is issued and applied in two days’ time before the actual day.
- After this rules and regulation are displayed.
- Make the right payments for the tourist permit as the travel doesn’t require a fee beside the congestion fee.
- You will receive an SMS which will be used at the barrier to confirm the set date.
How can one get the Rohtang Pass Permit?
As we have learn the two types of permit, the government has also introduced two legal ways to achieve a Rohtang Pass Permit and to ensure the process is easy. We have the online procedure which is popular way to apply. They also have the SDM office Manali this also a convenient way to achieve the permit.
For the Manali SDM offices are open from 10 AM till 1 pm all the visitor should make an appointment within this hours. Tourist should be on time before the closure of the offices. However the offices later open at 3pm to 5pm. Here they only open to collect the permits.
What are the documents required for applying the Rohtang pass permit?
- Valid driving license.
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Pollution under control.
- The vehicle shouldn’t exceed the 10 years mark.
Himachal state government has set up fixed payments which are affordable to all the visitors and local visitors. The amount goes for RS 550 per permitbuses and heavy vehicle have to pay RS 100 for congestion.
How to Check Rohtang Pass Permit Status or Reprint Rohtang Pass Permit online admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
Here are simple guidelines on check the Rohtang Pass Permit Status and how to take a Reprint Rohtang Pass Permit online procedure are as follows….
- First of all go to logon into Rohtang Pass Permit online website: http://admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
- Then scroll the page and you can see “Check Permit Status / Reprint Permit”
- Click on it. It is directed to http://admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/Home/CheckApplicationStatus
- Then You will type Vehicle Number, Choose the Permit Type and Enter the Captcha Code.
- Finally click on Submit. It will shows the Rohtang Pass Permit Status.
About the Gulaba check point
Though all the tourist have the access to the Rohtang pass, the state government of Himachal is strict. They have to check all who have use the pass and verify their permit. The government has set up a check point at Gulaba. Here they use digitalized equipment’s to approve the documents.
Wondering how it works? Individuals using their permits to just visit the Rohtang top to Manali the authorities will get you at the Gulaba check point. One has to use the permit as indicated if the purpose was travel don’t change to Tourism permit. Vehicles which don’t qualify or lack of the right documents will also be checked at the check point.
The system is digitalized as they check both the entry and exist point. The state gives strict rules to visitors and if found violating any law it attracts a fine. The law goes further to black list some vehicles and individuals who go beyond what is set.
Pass permit for bicycles and motorbikes
Good news for the cyclist and bikes riders as they are not exempted from visiting the pass. You only need an undertaking certificate which obtained from the SDM offices in Manali. The best thing about using the bikes you don’t have to pay for any amount.
How to download the Rohtang Pass Permit App?
Himachal state has introduced the pass permit and made an app for citizens and tourist to use. The app has variety of uses as one can check the available permits. When the permit is out one can confirm and also check the status.
It also best to keep in mind people planning for a Rohtang pass visit should check factor like: weather and congestion. Also the best time to visit the pass if the month is snowing it might be dangerous for you. Look for the best vehicle which has the permit and in good condition.