Applying Procedure on HP Rohtang Pass Permit Online and check the Rohtang Pass Permit Status Online at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/….
Rohtang Pass also known as Rohtang Pass is a high mountain road that is strategically positioned on the Eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas. This pass is approximately 13,054 ft above sea level meaning you will have to rely on your GPS if you are to successfully go through this snowy road. Rohtang Pass acts as a connection between Kullu Valley with Spiti and Lahaul.
What is Rohtang Pass Permit in Himachal Pradesh?
A permit is a legal document from the authorities for one to move from one place to another. The Himachal Pradesh government come to a conclusion and thought of issuing pass permit to the individuals who want to make a trip to the Rohtang Pass. Since the state is so advance the process was under taken digitally using online method.
However there different conditions for you to receive the permit. First priority is given to the first 800 petrol vehicle and 400 diesel vehicle. It goes on to give different conditions as follows:
- 800 petrol vehicles and 400 diesel vehicle.
- You have to apply for the permit in the next two days from the actual date.
- One can book the permit in any day except Tuesday which is a maintenance day for the Rohtang pass.
- Amazingly the state takes the pass as income generating program. The visitors pay a fee of RS 500 and also a congestion fee is the number are too many of RS 50.
- Additionally the permit is only valid for one day that to and from.
- You need to carry with you the original ID proof and a pollution under check certificate.
- The vehicle has to be registered and not too old by giving the valid date of the vehicle registration.
- The application can be done on their official website thus easing the work.
Thanks to the HP Rohtang Pass website, you no longer have avail yourself physically to their offices in order to get a service. All you need to do is visit their website and get what you need. Some of the services that you can get from this website are explained below:
- Check Availability
You can simply have a look at the spaces left for touring Rohtang Pass by clicking on the ‘Check Availability’ link in this website.
- Validate Permit
Once you have been given a Rohtang Pass Tourist Permit, you can check for its validity by clicking on ‘Validate Permit‘ option.
- Rohtang Pass Permit
Before you visit Rohtang Pass, you will need a Rohtang Pass Tourist Permit. This permit is available online so long as you submit the relevant documents and make the necessary payments.
- Beyond Rohtang Pass
Any tourist who may have the intention of going beyond Rohtang Pass will have to get a permit that serves this purpose. To get this permit, you will have to access Rohtang Pass website.
How do I apply for the Rohtang Pass Permit at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/?
This the big question which has now the right answer from the Himachal Pradesh state government. Before the government limit the use of the pass but now the take is a money making project. The pass has many visitor each thus making a good amount for the government and the citizen at large. There several permits:
- Tourist Permit: Which is mean for the people visiting the pass for fun and adventure. It is given on daily basis and works on Sundays as many visitors visit the Rohtang pass on weekends. This type of permit has the daily quota of 400 diesel and 800 petrol vehicles.
- Travel Purpose: This type of permit is used by individuals who have vehicles going beyond the Rohtang pass. However the permit is given daily as the tourist permit with a difference of it doesn’t give any quota. The government is very strict on the people who pick on travel permit only to get to the Rohtang pass and back. One get the confirmation in a weeks’ time where an SMS is sent to the registered mobile numbers of the tourist. This message serves as the gate pass at the Gulaba barrier for all the tourist.
Simple process on Applying Himachal Pradesh Rohtang Pass Permit Online at admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
With technological advancements, you no longer have to worry about moving from your current location in order to get a given service. This is because most services are now available through the internet at any time that you may term necessary. Any person who may want to visit Rohtang Pass will have to apply for a Rohtang Pass Tourism Pass Permit Online. All you need to have is an internet connection and a device that can facilitate access to the internet.
You will also be required to pay a permit fee if you are to use Rohtang Pass. This permit is only valid for a day and can be obtained online at 10:00 hrs and 16:00 for 200 Diesel and 400 Petrol vehicle owners. To get this permit online, you will have to follow the simple step by step explanation given below:
- On the search bar of your browser, type in http://rohtangpermits.nic.in/Home/ as the official link for opening Rohtang Permits website. Press the ‘Enter’ button once you have entered this detail correctly.
- Once in the homepage, place your mouse cursor on ‘Request Tourism Permits’ option. This action will generate a drop down box from where you are to click on ‘Rohtang Pass’.
- You will automatically be redirected to a new page on the site from where you should go through the documents needed to make this application a success. Click on ‘Click to Proceed for Online Payment of Taxes / Fees’ option
- Correctly fill in the details displayed on the new page that appears on your screen. These details include; Driver’s Name, Fuel Type, ID proof number, Vehicle Type, Email ID etc.
- Enter the captcha displayed below the details required. You can click on “Refresh” button if you do not see the captcha clearly.
- Finally, Click on “Submit” button once every detail has been filled in correctly.
- If the day’s quota is still available, you will receive a One Time Pin (OTP) in the registered mobile number that you entered while filling in the form
What are the documents required for applying the Rohtang pass permit?
- Valid driving license.
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Pollution under control.
- The vehicle shouldn’t exceed the 10 years mark.
Himachal state government has set up fixed payments which are affordable to all the visitors and local visitors. The amount goes for RS 550 per permit buses and heavy vehicle have to pay RS 100 for congestion.
How to Check Rohtang Pass Permit Status or Reprint Rohtang Pass Permit online admis.hp.nic.in/ngtkullu/
Checking for your Rohtang Pass Permit Status has never been this easy since you only need to have a fast internet connection. Once this is in place, you can use your Desktop Computer or Personal Computer to open the Rohtang Pass website. To make this a success, you will have to make do with the step by step guide given below:
- On the search bar of your installed browser, type in http://rohtangpermits.nic.in/ as the link for accessing Rohtang Pass website. Hit the ‘Enter’ button once this link has been typed in correctly on your browser.
- On the homepage of Rohtang Pass website, click on ‘Check Permit Status / Reprint Permit’ link.
- You will automatically be redirected to a new page on the site from where you should fill in details like the Type of Permit and Vehicle Number.
- Enter the captcha text or click on ‘Refresh’ button to generate a new captcha if you do not see anything.
- Finally, click on “Submit” button to submit the details. You will then have to take a printout of the form since you will not be allowed to make the journey without it. To print the permit, click on “Print Permit” button.
About the Gulaba check point
Though all the tourist have the access to the Rohtang pass, the state government of Himachal is strict. They have to check all who have use the pass and verify their permit. The government has set up a check point at Gulaba. Here they use digitalized equipment’s to approve the documents.
Wondering how it works? Individuals using their permits to just visit the Rohtang top to Manali the authorities will get you at the Gulaba check point. One has to use the permit as indicated if the purpose was travel don’t change to Tourism permit. Vehicles which don’t qualify or lack of the right documents will also be checked at the check point.
The system is digitalized as they check both the entry and exist point. The state gives strict rules to visitors and if found violating any law it attracts a fine. The law goes further to black list some vehicles and individuals who go beyond what is set.
Pass permit for bicycles and motorbikes
Good news for the cyclist and bikes riders as they are not exempted from visiting the pass. You only need an undertaking certificate which obtained from the SDM offices in Manali. The best thing about using the bikes you don’t have to pay for any amount.
How to download the Rohtang Pass Permit App?
- How to get the HP Rohtang Pass Permit App?
Himachal state has introduced the pass permit and made an app for citizens and tourist to use. The app has variety of uses as one can check the available permits. When the permit is out one can confirm and also check the status. It also best to keep in mind people planning for a Rohtang pass visit should check factor like: weather and congestion. Also the best time to visit the pass if the month is snowing it might be dangerous for you. Look for the best vehicle which has the permit and in good condition.
- How can one get the Rohtang Pass Permit?
As we have learn the two types of permit, the government has also introduced two legal ways to achieve a Rohtang Pass Permit and to ensure the process is easy. We have the online procedure which is popular way to apply. They also have the SDM office Manali this also a convenient way to achieve the permit. For the Manali SDM offices are open from 10 AM till 1 pm all the visitor should make an appointment within this hours. Tourist should be on time before the closure of the offices. However the offices later open at 3pm to 5pm. Here they only open to collect the permits.