192.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1 Default IP Address for Login to Change All Branded Router Settings like username change, password change, MAC Bonding etc…..
What is 188.8.131.52 or 192.168.l.l? By the layman’s view this are just a number or code of a certain device. However this is an IP address which is used for routers like the Linksys other networks. They use it as gateway or access point for wireless routers. It used in troubleshooting network connectivity issues. Most of the known brands use this IP to set up their admin access. The 192.168.l.l has a lot of advantages and recognized widely. Also Read Windows 7 Product Key Activation Procedure.
How to login into 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l
The login process is every easy you need few steps to access the IP address.
- Open your PC (Personal Computer) and select the browser which works best for your PC. After it opens type http://192.168.l.l on the address bar.
- You might experience trouble login in, try again and it fails its high chance the IP address is not for the device.
- If it connects the login to the address and fill I your particulars.
- Enter your username and password on the fields provided.
- In case you forget your password or username of the router, you need to try the recovery method of the router.
- If non works type the word Admin on the username and password spaces.
How to Reset and Recover forgotten password and username by logging into 192.168.l.l
- The fact is you can never change the password or username of your device. If you happen to forget just go to the routers serial number and login the address written.
- If you change the password then forget it again, you need to reset the router or the modem to factory setting. Wondering how to reset a wireless router or modem? Check the kind of modem you have. There is a small hidden button on your router.
- Press the button for some seconds roughly 10 min. it is so tiny you probably need a needle or tooth pick to press.
- If no changes on password and username, login to your router and ask for default router username and password list.
List of Brand Wise Router Login IP List
|Router brand||Login IP|
This are just but a few tomention.
We have heard this term so often when accessing our IP address. We can look deeper on the term for proper understanding. We find this term when we can’t access our router, you can try few things before calling it quit.
- Retyping your router address in: Most of the web browser will go to the google search instead of the IP address. This will cause the address not opening. Try typing the address using http:// before the IP address.
- Check the network connection: have strong network connection, ensure your device is not connected to the wrong WIFI network.
- Connect using the cable: use a cable connection to see whether it works.
How to find router IP address
You might need to configure your router, you have to login to it. Have your IP address ready remember IP address is four number which are separated as follows: 192.168.l.l. All IP address will be different for each of your devices. Let’s look at the devices below.
1. MAC OS:
- Go to the menu on your Apple device.
- Select the system preference.
- Go to the network tab and click on it.
- Make a choice of the relevant network connection.
- Now click on the advanced tab.
- Select the TCP/IP button.
- The IP address will be displayed on right of your router.
- Open the command this by typing the “cmd” on the search bar.
- After a few seconds a black screen will appear.
- On the screen type the word ”ipconfig”
- Some results will show choose an access point address.
- Go the application. The menu will open.
- Select system tool.
- Then terminal and type ”ipconfig”.
- The IP address will be post on inet address
4. IPhone iOS:
- Go to the setting on your device.
- Choose the WIFI connectivity.
- Select the internet connection on your device.
- Then go to the DHCP and get your router IP.
- On your Android device use the WIFI analyzer or install the app on your device.
- Go to the menu and select the IP list.
- It will give a specification of connection to: [network name].
- Click on this tab to get the IP address on your screen.
6. Chrome OS:
- Go to the task bar and choose notification area.
- Select the connected network.
- Select the name of the wireless network.
- Click on the network to get the IP address.
How to hide the IP address
Wondering why you would want to hide your IP? There various reasons this including:
- Hiding your geographical location.
- Web tracking.
- Avoid digital tracking footprint.
- Bypass any content.
- With this you can now see few ways of hiding the IP address below:
- Use the Tor.
- Vpn services.
- Proxy server.
- Free WIFI.
How do I change router 192.168.1.1 IP address password?
- Navigate to the routers access page.
- On the menu bar go to the advance the setting.
- Select the router admin section.
- The change password option will show on the menu.
- Enter your old password then enter your new password. Re-enter the password to confirm your new password.
- Now click on the save button.
- Finally you have changed the password. Note you should remember the new IP address wherever you want to login.
Advantages of 192.168.1.1
- Security options.
- IP QoS
- Network management.
- DNS Proxy.
- WLAN, WAN, LAN, ADSL, DSL, MAC and WPS block setting.
Basically that what is contained in the 192.168.l.l IP address? You can use the information above to login change password and set the username and many other services proved by the IP address. Note you have to change password as soon as when you get the new router. More information and guidance can be found on the IP address http://192.168.1.1