Instructions on How to Fill Bangladesh Passport Online Application Registration for Fresh and Renewal and BD Passport Appointment Slot Booking at www.passport.gov.bd website….
Bangladesh Passport Application has been made online. The process is similar to the applying for an Indian Passport. Online Application. The applying for the Passport online saves a lot of time and effort. The Bangladesh Passport Online Application procedure has greatly smoothed the process and has also speed up the process. It has also helped in giving flexibility to the user to choose the date of visit to some extent as well helped in online tracking of the application form.
The process also gives a lot of control to the user. The efficiency of the procedure depends a lot on the correctness of the information furnished by the user. One needs to go to the website and submit the machine readable passport application online. One needs to fill the form and take a printout of the application form. One will get the appointment time at the passport office. You need to visit the passport office with the application form on the scheduled date for bio-metric identification.
How to Fill Bangladesh Passport Online Application Registration at www.passport.gov.bd
Following is the detailed procedure for applying for the Bangladesh Passport Online Application:
- Go to the Bangladesh Passport web portal Homepage: http://www.passport.gov.bd/
- On the first page you need to provide the basic details with the mandatory fields and the click on ‘save’
- After submitting the form, you will receive an Application ID and password on the email ID provided.
- In the second stage, you need to login to the website using application ID and password and fill the form.
- Open the form using the application ID and password. After entering the Application ID and password. You will need to submit an online form.
The following page will open after entering the application ID and password:The Passport includes all the details of the person which includes following information:
- Passport to which a person is applying and the delivery person a person desires to have.
- Personal Information: Personal information includes all the basic details of the person starting from Name, DoB, Father’s name, Occupation, Spouse name, occupation and address of the person etc.
- Citizenship Information: This includes questions pertaining to citizenship of the person and how the person inherits the citizenship, this also includes whether the person has a dual citizenship.
- Oversees address of the person if any, here a person needs to mention his overseas address including the country.
- Permanent address – Here the person needs to enter the personal details
- Next the applicant needs to enter the contact address, emergency contact person’s address, passport information in case of renewal etc. Find below the screen shot of the same:
- After filling the information, the person should re-check the details once and then click on ‘save and next’.
- After filing all the information correctly one is diverted to the payments page. Here you can select the mode of payment which could be online or offline mode. Select the amount to be paid, Date of payment, receipt number etc.
- After filling all the details one needs to click on ‘Save and Next’.
- Once all the details are filled, you can check the enrollment summary. The enrollment summary will have all the details. You should check the details entered at various stages thoroughly as the details once submitted cannot be changed at a later stage.
- You need to check the information under various categories like Personal information, previous passport information, contact information and payment summary. You can make changes if required any of these fields. If you find that all the information is correct in the form then click on “save”.
- The application once submitted remains valid for next 15 days and after that the application becomes null and void by the system.
- You click on “Download application form” and save it for any future reference or you can take a print out of the application form and take it along for reference.
- After submitting an auto-generated pdf file for the passport will be generated. This has a bar code that can be used to find out the application form on the server. Find below the snap shot of the same:
- After the online procedure, one should immediately contact the passport and take the appointment as soon as possible as the application would lapse after 15 days of application form submission.
- After filling in the online form, you need to book the slot for the Bio-Metric verification.
- The applicant needs to select the category for which the person is applying and also need to select the date and time of the passport as per their preference. After selection of the slot one need to click on ‘Next’.
- On the next page you can see the Available slots; the applicant needs to select the slot as per the best suitable and available slot.
- After confirming the slot for Bio-Metric verification, one needs to finalize the slot. After selecting the slot, one needs to visit the center with printout of application form and the existing passport (in case of renewal). The person needs to fill the go to the center with the on the scheduled date along with relevant documents as a proof.
One needs to take the appointment slip along to show at the center and should report at the time as per the slot.
The process at the center would include the verification of the documents as well as the bio-metric verification of the person. The process would also involve the photograph which is taken at the center.
One should take with them the address proof for the current address as well as valid birth proof along with him. In case change of the name after marriage, one should take marriage certificate along with him.
How to Check Bangladesh Passport Application Status or BD Passport Status at www.passport.gov.bd
Follow the Below steps we will give the instructions on how to know your Bangladesh Passport Application Status Online. Guidelines are as follows……
- Navigate to the official website page: http://www.passport.gov.bd/OnlineStatus.aspx
- On the menu bar you will see ‘Application Status‘
- Click on it and the page will show different applications.
- Fill in the application ID you received on your email, followed by the Password.
- Key in your enrollment ID and Date of birth.
- After this enter the Captcha code.
- Recheck the details then click on the search button.
- The status of your passport will show whether in progress or out.
E.g. In this case the Bangladesh Passport Online Application is pending for police approval.
Overall the online process has helped both the applicants as well as the passport office in following ways:
- Online process has shortened the overall time of the process by helping in filling the details.
- Online process has also helped to provide comfort and reduce the time which was earlier spent in long queues.
- It has also relaxed the work of the passport officials as most of the details are already filled by the applicants, the officials are mostly left with verification of the details furnished. Biometric verification of the person and clicking of the photograph.
- One can check the status of the application process any time and does not need to wait unnecessary for the passport without being aware of the current status.
- Online procedure has also helped in focusing on verification rather than filling the details which has ultimately strengthened the process.
For further details on Bangladesh Passport Online Application Registration Please visit the website URL: http://www.passport.gov.bd/