Now Pay your Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike BBMP Property Tax Online or Karnataka Property Tax Online and also check the BBMP Property Tax payment status at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in…..
Tax is considered as the backbone of the Indian country. It acts as the revenue of government and pays the government employees. Majority of the country’s developments and projects all rely on the tax paid by the citizens.
Tax can be collected directly or indirect, mostly generated from income. The goods and services we buy have a tax rate attached to it and it pooled together to push the economy of the Indian country. The BBMP Property tax obtained are calculated yearly but they are collected monthly or daily. The government budgets on what to achieve by the end of financial year according to the taxes collected.
Taking an example of property tax which is governed by the local authority from the higher government. The property tax is paid by the owner either yearly or according to the authorities. It is classified on the real estate category. The government is well organized on matters of tax disbursement. The tax trickles down to local authorities who deal with developments and paying workers. Road maintenance, garbage collection and drainage are some of the projects taken and overseen using the tax paid by the citizen.
Which property is included for property tax? Residential and business building are part of the property tax. Shops and go-downs and vacant land also attract tax which is paid by the property holder. Paying tax may seem as bother considering it’s your property. But on the other side paying the tax at the right time benefits you as the Indian citizen. Individuals without property also play their part since tax is generated when they buy goods and services indirectly.
What new? In tax payment the Bangalore government has introduced a new system of payment. Direct cash no longer encouraged and the property owners are paying tax at: Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).
Payment of the BBMP property tax
- The tax year always begins at April and ends at March. You pay tax on 30th April of the financial year.
- If you pay your property tax within the given time and before the BBMP gives you 5% discount.
- Every delayed property tax has and interest attached to it of 2% and for the whole year the interest accumulated is 24%.
- You have the option of paying two times but there will be no interest gain or discount offered.
Details every tax payer should know before making the payments
When it comes to new tax payers you need to learn about your property. Don’t pay blindly learn about the tax and how to pay the value of your property?
- Learn the value that your property holds.
- Before paying know the type of your property: commercial, residential, godown etc.
- Where is the property classified?
- Give the dimension of your property.
- The number of floors plus the basement.
- The area your property has taken.
Ways of paying property tax
The government has given two legalized ways of paying property tax:
- Manual/ offline method
- online method
How to pay BBMP property tax or Karnataka Property Tax Online at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
- Enter http://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/ as the official link for accessing Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Website.
- Press the ‘Enter’ button on your keyboard after typing in the above link correctly. This action will redirect you to the homepage of BBMP website.
- Next, select ‘SAS Base Application Number’ from the box containing this detail. You will then have to enter your ‘Base Application Number’ in the box set aside for this information.
- Click on ‘Fetch’ button after keying in your Base Application Number. Property owners who do not know their application number can click on ‘Renewal Application Number’ option.
- You will then have to enter your previous year’s application number for SAS. The owner’s name will then appear on your screen. Click on ‘Confirm’ button if the details are correct.
- A new page containing the details of your property will appear. These details include Status of Tenancy, Property Occupancy and area. Carefully examine these details before ticking on the checkbox.
- Click on ‘Proceed’ button to see Form V of the property tax. You can then make any changes to your property details before clicking on ‘Proceed to Next Step’ button. You will now be able to see your property tax calculation based on the details that you have just submitted.
- Click on ‘Proceed’ button after having a look at your tax calculator. You will then have to make the payments online or using Challan that you deposit at the ward office of BBMP.
- Select ‘Property Tax Payment Online’ option to make your payment via the portal. You will have to select the payment method that you wish to use i.e. Net banking, e-Wallet, Credit Card or Debit Card.
- You will receive a receipt after making the payments successfully. However, it can take close to 24 hours before your electronic receipt is generated.
- Finally, download the electronic receipt by clicking on ‘Download’ button.
Individuals who want to use the offline method have to fill the form as per their property. Fill all the details correctly. Take the forms to the bank which have same deals with BBMP. You can also take the forms at the BBMP ARO and make the payments.
Types of forms which are important in paying tax
Form I: For property owners with the PID number. The number has the details of every property and where they are located.
Form II: This form is for owner without PID number but has the Khatha number. The Khatha is a number of the certificate for the properties has the full details about the property worth.
Form III: The form is used to pay property tax but the owner doesn’t have the PID or Khatha number.
Form IV: This form is used when there is no change made by the owner over the property. Changes can be in form of depreciation or appreciation of the property also the status of the property. The form is white in color.
Form V: This is a blue form which is used by property owners if a change occurs on the property. The owner might add new floor or change the status of the property.
Form VI: The form is used for property which is being removed from paying tax. However the property will have a service fee attached to it. The owner will use this form to make the payments.
How to Track BBMP property tax Payment Status at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
- First of all everybody must logon into this URL: https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/
- Then Press to open the “Payment Status”
- It is directed to https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/Forms/continuepayment.aspx
- Then Choose Either Application Number or Transaction Number or Challan Number
- Type the Selected either Application Number etc.
- Click on Retrive button.
You will get the Payment Status details
How to calculate the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike BBMP Property tax
Property owners in Bengaluru can now calculate their tax online without seeking the help of friends or BBMP officers. This has been made possible thanks to the ‘Tax Calculator’ service available in BBMP Website. The following steps will help Bengaluru property owners calculate their property tax.
- You will first have to know the exact details of your property i.e. Depreciation, Value per unit area and built-up area.
- Next, multiply the value of unit area with value of the built-up area. You should then multiply the result with 10 (Denoting 10 months).
- Now deduct the depreciation from the value that you get above in order to generate the total annual value of your property.
- You will have to calculate 20% of the annual value of your property. This action will generate the property tax value.
- You will then have to calculate 24% of Property tax value to get the cess amount.
- Add up the Cess amount to the property tax. You will arrive at the final property tax amount to be paid.
- Any property owner who wants to know the discount tax amount will have to deduct 5% from the final calculation.
How to print Karnataka property tax at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
- Visit the BBMP Portal: https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/
- On the home page go to the menu select Print application.
- Look for the assessment year on the drop down list.
- Key in the application number.
- Submit the details and wait.
- Now click on the print application
How to print BBMP property tax challan or Bangalore Property Tax Challan Print at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in
- Navigate to the homepage of BBMP website: https://bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in/
- On the menu select print the challan.
- Look for the assessment year.
- Fill in the application number.
- Submit the particulars.
Print out the Challan.